Easy Peach Dumplings
- 2 15 oz canned peaches, drained
- 2 8 ounce refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups cup sprite or citrus soda
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and thoroughly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Open crescent dough and separate into triangles.
- Place one or two peach slices (depending on size) at the wide end of the dough triangle. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and roll dough around peach.
- Once dough is secure, move dumpling to the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Melt the two sticks of butter in a large bowl and combine with the white sugar, brown sugar, and the remaining cinnamon until smooth.
- Using a large spoon, pour the butter mixture over the dumplings.
- Pour the Sprite around the dough avoiding the tops for a crispy crust to the dumplings.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the dough is just browning on top.
- Serve warm and top with vanilla ice cream.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.