SLOW COOKER JAMBALAYA
- ▢2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
- ▢1 pound andouille sausage links sliced
- ▢1 can diced tomatoes 28 ounces
- ▢1 large onion chopped
- ▢1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- ▢2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- ▢2 cups chicken broth
- ▢1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ▢2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ▢1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ▢1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ▢1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ▢1 cup rice see note
- ▢1 pound shrimp 13-15 count
- Add all the ingredients except the shrimp into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for 3-4 hours). Add the rice in 1 hour before finished.
- Add the shrimp in the last 15 minutes add in the shrimp.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.