FOR THE COOKIES
- 2 stick ( 1/2 pound) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
FOR THE GLAZE
- 4-5 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract; mix until well combined. In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the ricotta mixture; mix well. Roll or scoop the dough into teaspoon-sized balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, powdered sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Dip the tops of the cookies into the glaze and set upright back on the wire rack. Immediately top with sprinkles. Repeat for remaining cookies.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm..
One thought on “Fridays Foods”
Yum! These look dangerously delicious!