Pecan Pie Bars
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix the flour and softened butter in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the sugar and pecans and mix.
- Press into a 9″ x 9″ greased casserole dish. (You can use an 11″ X 7″ dish, as well. They will be thicker bars with the 9″ x 9″ dish).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until edges of crust are golden brown.
- Mix the eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the corn syrup, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, salt, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the pecans and mix well.
- Pour over the shortbread crust.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 350-degrees, or until filling is set (barely wiggly in the center).
- Cool and refrigerate, then cut into squares.