Old Fashioned Cream Custard Pie
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 egg white
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Brush crust with beaten egg white and bake it for 7-8 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients as well as any leftover beaten egg white. Pour egg mixture into the baked and cooled piecrust and sprinkle with nutmeg. Loosely wrap the edges of the pie to prevent them from burning. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely and store in the fridge. until ready to serve.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm..