Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs
Meatballs (I used about 1½ doz homemade meatballs) **Meatballs were fully cooked
24 oz jar marinara sauce
½ yellow onion (diced)
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 TBSP olive oil
Spaghetti Squash ( baked in Oven first)
1-2 cups grated cheese (I used half colby-jack, half mozzarella)
½ cup grated parmesan
1. In large cast iron skillet, sauté onions in olive oil over med/low heat. Add in garlic and continue sautéing until
onions are tender.
2. Add cooked meatballs.
3. Add marinara sauce and tsp Italian seasoning.
4. Heat over med/low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
5. In separate large pot, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions (under cook by 2 minutes).
6. With large slotted spoon, scoop meatballs from sauce and set aside.
7. Scoop cooked spaghetti (with large slotted spoon) into marinara sauce. Add in about ½ cup pasta cooking water.
Gently stir until pasta is fully coated with sauce.
8. Add cooked meatballs to top of spaghetti.
9. Top with grated cheese & parmesan cheese.
10. Bake at 350* for approx 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.