Taco Stuffed Avocados. A healthy twist on tacos! Load up all your favorite taco toppings into an avocado half for an easy lunch or light dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 avocados halved
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup lettuce shredded
- additional toppings:
- sour cream
- Add the ground beef to a medium size sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Drain the grease and add the seasonings and the tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pit from the halved avocados. Load the crater left from the pit with the taco meat. Top with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro and sour cream.
- If you want to make a larger area in the avocado for the toppings, spoon out some of the avocado and set aside to make guacamole! Then fill with toppings.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.