BEEFY KING RANCH CASSEROLE
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 1 (10-oz) can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz) jar Cheez Whiz
- dash Tabasco
- dash Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips crushed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until water is almost all absorbed.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the soups, onion, tomatoes, Cheez Whiz, Tabasco and Worcestershire Sauce until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with enough crushed tortilla chips to cover dish. Place half the taco meat on top of chips, and pour half of the Rotel mixture over meat. Top with half of the cheddar cheese. Repeat the process, topping with remaining cheddar and all of the mozzarella.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until bubbly.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.