Smoked Armadillo Eggs
- ▢6 jalapenos
- ▢4 oz cream cheese softened
- ▢1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ▢1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- ▢1 lb ground sausage
- ▢12 slices bacon
- Start smoker and set it to 250 degrees F. We used Kingsford Classic Wood Pellets which is a blend of hickory, oak and cherry.
- Cut the tops of the jalapenos off and core the pepper to remove the seeds and membrane.
- In a small bowl cream together the cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese and garlic powder.
- Fill the cored jalapenos with cream cheese mixture.
- Take 1/6 of the sausage meat and wrap it around the pepper making sure that none of the pepper is visible. Form it so it’s evenly coating the pepper. Wrap two pieces of bacon around each one.
- Place the armadillo eggs on smoker rack in preheated smoker. Smoke for about 2 hours. These are done when the internal temperature of the sausage is 160 degrees F.
- To crips up the bacon turn up smoker to about 400 degrees and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or place on a baking sheet and broil them until the bacon is crisp in the oven.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.