NO KNEAD ROSEMARY BREAD
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, or more, to taste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and yeast.
- Using a wooden spoon or your hand, add water and mix until a wet, sticky dough forms, about 30 seconds.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until surface is dotted with bubbles, about 18 to 24 hours.
- Lightly oil a 10-inch cast iron skillet or coat with nonstick spray; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, gently shape dough into a round.
- Place dough into the prepared skillet. Cover with a clean dishtowel and let stand at room temperature until dough has doubled in size and does not readily spring back when poked with a finger, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.