Strawberry Spinach Salad with Mango and Avocado
Homemade balsamic vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- garlic salt or garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 10 oz baby spinach fresh (about 10 cups of torn leaves)
- 4 cups strawberries , cleaned and hulled, freshly sliced
- 1 avocado , chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 mango , sliced
- ¼ cup cashews
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk together well. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can serve the dressing immediately or you can cover it and chill for an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except the cashew nuts. Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Sprinkle cashew nuts on top of the salad.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.