Easy Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 cans Pilsbury crescent dough
- 12 pieces of deli ham (your favorite)
- 8 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3-4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced or dried
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Take the dough out of the tube and roll it out. Press the seams together to form one large piece of dough.
- Line or grease a 7 x 11 baking dish with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- Lay the dough down in the baking dish and bake for the time required on the tube. Remove when cooking time is up.
- Spread the dijon mustard over the top of the cooked croissant bread.
- Layer on 4 pieces of cheese or as much cheese as you would like to cover the surface of the bread.
- Fold each ham peice in half and layer on top of the cheese.
- Top the ham with the remaining slices of cheese.
- Remove the second batch of dough from the tube. Again, pinch the seams closed, and place on top of the cheese slices.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter, and add the parsley and garlic. Brush on top of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown on top, and the sandwiches are heated through and the cheese is nice and melty!
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes to cool slightly as the cheese will be VERY hot and can burn easily! Enjoy!
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.