Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread
- 1 can flaky biscuit dough (or use homemade biscuit dough recipe below)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup pumpkin pie puree
Homemade Biscuit Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter cold
- 3/4 cup whole milk
Homemade Biscuit Dough Directions
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the butter into small pieces, then use your fingers to work cold butter into flour until the mixture feels like coarse crumbs. Add milk, stirring until the dough begins to form.
- Flour your cutting board, then place your biscuit dough onto the board.
- Roll biscuit dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Fold the dough over in half, then place in a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and repeat the steps of rolling out the dough and folding the dough over in half. Refrigerate dough for 30 more minutes.
- Add more flour to the cutting board and roll your biscuit dough out one more time, again to 1/4 inch thick. Use a 3 inch circle cookie cutter to cut out 6 biscuits.
- Prepare a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, then place your biscuits on the pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
If Using Canned Biscuits, Start Here:
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and coat a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Remove from biscuits from the refrigerator and peel each biscuit in half. Place the halved biscuits back on the baking pan.
- Using a small bowl, melt 1/2 cup butter in a microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Dip each biscuit into the melted butter, then dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Spread about 1/2 Tablespoon pumpkin pie puree on the center of all but one biscuit.
- Begin stacking biscuits, finishing with the plain biscuit on top. Take the entire stack of biscuits and lay on its side in the loaf pan.
- If using canned biscuits, bake for 25-30 minutes. If using from-scratch biscuits, bake 35-45 minutes. You’ll know it’s done with the top is golden brown and center is cooked. Exact cooking time may vary based on your oven and how soft you like the center.
- Remove from oven and paint the top of the loaf with a bit of melted butter. Finish with a dusting of cinnamon sugar.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.