Creamy Mushroom Sauce with Bacon and Thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz white mushrooms , sliced
- 5 slices bacon , cooked, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms (without salting – to ensure they mushrooms get caramelized) and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes flipping once.
- Add chopped cooked bacon to the skillet.
- Add heavy creamy, ⅛ teaspoon salt and snipped fresh thyme, bring to boil, stir, immediately reduce to simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes on very low heat for flavors to blend and sauce to reduce a bit. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.