Flatbread filled with Cheese and potatoe
- 180 g white bread flour
- 110 ml milk
- 20 g melted unsalted butter
- a little salt
- 2 potatoes (medium size)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 200 g grated cheese (preferably mozzarella)
- First boil 2 potatoes, mash them and add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise to the mixture. Mix.
- Mix the dough ingredients with a spoon and then knead by hand. Add a little flour if necessary, I needed another half spoon. Form into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and place briefly in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Grate the cheese.
- Then divide the dough into 2 balls.
- Take one ball and roll out a 30 cm crust.
- Arrange cheese in the middle (leaving about 5 cm from the edge), then add the mashed potatoes and put some more cheese on top.
- Close the ends as in the picture, gently press.
- Then with the help of a rolling pin, roll out the bread again in the size of the pan in which you will bake. I used a crepe pan 25 cm.
- Coat the pan with butter and bake the bread for about 7 minutes on one side at medium temperature, then coat the top with a little butter and flip over on the other side to bake.
- The bread should be crunchy, so do not be afraid and if you bake it a little more, just be careful not to burn it.
- While the first bread is baking, prepare the second one
- The bread is served warm so you’ll enjoy that melting cheese in your mouth and to my great surprise, it’s also delicious even cold.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm..