CREAMY BEEF AND SHELLS
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 15-ounce jar tomato sauce
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese about 1 ½ cups
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until brown, about 3-5 minutes, crumbling the ground beef. Drain excess fat and set aside
- Add onion to the skillet, cook stirring frequently until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika and mustard powder, cook about 1 minute
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef and heavy cream and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm..