Four Cheese Bacon Stuffed Smothered Chicken Casserole!
- 6 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 Slices of bacon, cooked and chopped + 6 more for the stuffing
- 1/2 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- Olive Oil for cooking
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 red bell pepper ,chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
Chicken Stuffing Mixture
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 6 Pieces of cooked and chopped Bacon
Coating the Chicken Rolls
- 1/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat, add in only the teaspoon of butter, the chopped bell pepper and the 1/2 chopped onion – allow cook only about 3 minutes until slightly softened, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, onion, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and lemon juice until blended. Stir in cooked and chopped bacon.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on each piece of chicken and spread it out into a thin layer.
- Roll the chicken.
- lNext, lightly dip the chicken rolls in egg mixture, followed by dipping them into the italian breadcrumbs
- In a large skillet drizzle some olive oil and heat, Briefly cook rolls over high heat, browning all sides,.remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the water and the cream of soup and mix well
- Add in the bell pepper/onions,and one of the 1/2 cups of cheese (any one you want) and combine
- Pour mixture into a Large Baking dish and place the chicken rolls in, press down lightly to cover the sides with the mixture and space them out.
- Take a teaspoon and scoop a little of the mixture on top of each chicken roll
- Finally add in the rest of the cheeses on top evenly
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely
- Remove from oven and top with the 6 slices of chopped, cooked, bacon and place back into the oven for and additional 5 minutes