Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 call-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c walnuts, chopped
Heat the butter in a small saute pan until it turns brown and smells nutty
.2. Remove from heat and add the white and brown sugars. Let sit for about 5 minutes to cool
.3. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the egg and vanilla.
4. Mix in banana and sour cream
.5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
6. Fold into banana mixture.
7. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Choose your own additions – you could also use raisins, toffee bits, pecans, etc
8. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes (dough will still be sticky). Drop a one-inch ball of dough onto cookie sheets 2-inches apart (about 1 1/2 Tbsp).
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are brown.