Cheesy Steak Bake
- 1 pound steak tips
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 6 slices bacon, optional
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- If using, cook bacon to personal preference. (Don’t make it too crispy, as it will also be baked later.)
- In a large pan or skillet over high heat sear steak tips until browned on all sides.
- Transfer steak to a plate or bowl and drain off fat, leaving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat and add sliced onion. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are softened, translucent and golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Place steak tips in a large baking dish, add bacon strips (if using) and cover with caramelized onions and garlic.
- Top with both cheeses and sprinkle with herbs de Provence.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and steak is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.