Apple Pie Enchiladas
– Incredibly easy to make and are Out Of This World Good!
1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas – store bought is great for this, Just be sure to buy Flour Tortillas
1. Spoon about one heaping quarter cup of pie filling evenly down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cinnamon and roll up, tucking in edges; and place seam side down in prepared dish.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Pour sauce over enchiladas and let stand 45 minutes.
Note: Don’t rush the 45 minute resting time for the sauce on the enchiladas before baking, this step helps to magically transform the flour tortillas into a faux pasty dough.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until golden.