Dorito Taco Salad is the best potluck dish and always gets rave reviews! Loads of seasoned ground beef, veggies, beans and Doritos in a zesty dressing!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce – chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red or orange pepper – chopped
- 1 green pepper – chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes – diced
- 1/4 cup green onions – chopped thin leave a bit for garnish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1 o oz Nacho flavoured Doritos
- 16 oz catalina salad dressing
- sour cream
Brown the ground beef until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Stir in the taco seasoning packet and water. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, peppers, black olives, pinto beans, tomatoes, cheddar and green onions.
Top with the seasoned and cooled ground beef.
Slightly crush the Doritos and sprinkle on top. Drizzle with catalina dressing and toss to coat evenly.
Garnish with sour cream and additional green onions is desired.