“Teriyaki shrimpand Artichoke hearts are grilled and served on a bed of coconut jasmine rice for a quick and easy, Asian-inspired barbeque dish.”
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds large white shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 can of whole artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Rinse rice in cold water until water runs clear. Drain and combine with coconut milk, water, and 1 teaspoon salt in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
- Mix shrimp and 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce together in a bowl until well coated.
- Toss artichoke hearts with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, sesame oil, and black pepper. Lay on 1 side of the grill; cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Flip. Add prawns to the other side of the grill. Grill shrimp until opaque and artichokes are lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
- Divide the rice between 4 plates. Top with shrimp and artichokes. Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds on top. Drizzle 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce on top.
Well, that’s all the news from the south,
Happy” farming” to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next time down on the farm.