This is a family favorite that we usually have at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love the ease of making this and It always tastes so good
- 2 pints fresh jarred oysters (find them in the seafood section)
- 4 cups medium coarse Saltine cracker crumbs – about 2 sleeves
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1-1/2 cups half & half
- ½ cup oyster liqueur (the liquid in the oyster jars)
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Drain the oysters, reserving the ½ cup of oyster liqueur.
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and butter. Spread ⅓ of the cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9×13″ casserole dish, and then top with ½ of oysters. Sprinkle with pepper. Repeat these steps once more.
- Combine the half & half, oyster liqueur, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Pour the liquid mixture over top of the layers in the casserole dish. Top with the remaining crackers.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until top is golden and edges are bubbly.